Brad & Heather's Journal

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'll admit it....

Okay, I'll admit. I've been remiss. I also need to admit something else. I just ate a bowl of Count Chocula while standing at the kitchen sink. I have two things to say in my defense... maybe three if I can think of another. One, my kitchen is completely wrapped in plastic. I am having the awful-buzzing-makes-you-think-you're-going-crazy lights taken out and nice-soothing-makes-you-feel-all-warm-and-fuzzy lights put in. Hence -- the cereal at the sink. Two, the whole time I was eating it, I was practicing tree pose... it's something I do in the kitchen when I'm at the counter. Paying bills -- tree pose. Chopping vegetables -- tree pose. Flipping pancakes -- yep, you guessed it. Okay, I don't have a third thing to say. So, you might be wondering why I have Count Chocula at my house. And to be honest I am too. Everything else is all natural/no preservatives/whole grains. Mighty Bites, Envirokids, etc. But, we were at the grocery store and my son points to the box of CC on the shelf and I say “Man, that was my favorite cereal when I was a kid.” So as much as I would have liked to stuff those words back into my mouth and buy some Koala Crunch, CC went into the cart. The bad thing is that they aren’t the same. And not just because I am way older, but because they changed them. The cereal part used to just be kinda chocolaty, but now it is glazed with this sugar coating. I mean, did they just need more sugar in there? Sigh. I think I had better go brush my teeth. I can almost feel them decaying as I type….

--Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home