Brad & Heather's Journal

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A mouse in the house and a dog on the porch

I’m not sure why it is, but most of my posts are about animals… Well, this one is no different, so stop reading if you’re tired of hearing about my “issues” with our four-legged friends or our two-finned friends, or….
So, there’s this dog.
She’s on our porch.
She thinks she lives here now.
It’s my fault.
Okay, confession number one. I am the BIGGEST sucker in the whole world when it comes to animals. This puppy comes running up to me yesterday and she’s really thin and smelly. It’s about 100 degrees out, so my first instinct is water… go inside fill up a bowl, come back out…. Lap lap lap. Then lots of petting and tail wagging and… .did I mention she stinks? Did I also mention she’s thin? So, I think … hmmm…. We have hot dogs on the freezer that will just get thrown out because my son and I are vegetarians… So, here’s the deal. I can’t have a dog. I don’t want a dog, but until I can figure out what to do with her, I guess I have one.
Confession number two. I think I have a mouse in the house. My raw lasagna noodles that I had left over from (well, duh) making lasagna, had holes in them -- tiny little holes. Then, I found a tiny hole chewed in my bag of flour. Sigh… so it’s off to Wal-Mart tomorrow to buy one of those “animal friendly” traps.

No. Don’t even think it. I am not keeping a mouse.

--Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home