Brad & Heather's Journal

Saturday, August 12, 2006

"The Ed Guy" and me

I forgot to mention that I had my cable turned off. (I don’t know what I was thinking…) Well, actually here is what I was thinking… We don’t watch it that much, it costs way too much… But, here’s the thing. A night like tonight. I have nothing to really do, I am way tired, my brain is too tired to read, think, write this actually… so what do I do? Well, I should flip on the television. But, there is no television now. I’ve actually discovered that while my television watching habits are pretty thin, there are certain times in my week where nothing else will do. I’ve even tried magazines or “light” reading. I’ve gone through all of ebay about four times now and shopped around on all my favorite online stores (shhhh we’ll save that for another day), and now I’m lost. I am starting to think that after only two months, maybe I was too hasty with this whole television decision. I have a daydream now that Suddenlink (formerly Cox Communications) is going to call me up and tell me about a great deal for customers looking to sign back up with them. I’ll play coy of course. “Well, are you sure that’s the best price you can manage?” But, in the end I’ll relent. I want to be the kind of person who doesn’t need any television, but I’m just not.

Okay, cool thing that happened to me this week. I’m in Starbucks, sipping on my half-caf (cream, one Equal) and I look up and coming through the door is that guy on Ed. I mean, it’s Ed. I’m trying like mad to think of his real name, but all I can come up with is “That Ed Guy” – which I’m sure he loves. But, see here’s the thing. I had a big time crush on his character in the show and so here he is in front of me and my half-caf and I feel like I’m running into some guy I had a crush on in high school. Until it dawns on me that “The Ed Guy” is probably wondering if I’m a bit off because I’m staring at him. I want to tell him that I’m not emotionally deranged, but I’m sure the look on my face and the fact that I seem to be blushing is what makes him walk a bit faster as he comes past my table. Oh well, it could have been worse. I could have spilled my coffee down my front or on him. Why is it that no matter how old you get, sometimes you still feel like you’re a little kid on the inside?

More later when I’m rested and making more sense.

--Heather

PS. His name is Tom Cavanagh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home