Brad & Heather's Journal

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wanting Something to Happen

Okay, I know I shouldn’t be vague like that. It’s in the ambiguity that the universe gets you. I think I’m just having that in-between-seasons blues. I mean, it’s not summer anymore… school’s in, it’s past Labor Day, it’s not a thousand degrees out, but it’s not autumn either (see, I like autumn – it sounds much more fancy-pants than fall). There aren’t any leaves changing yet. There’s no crisp feeling in the air. No pumpkins in the grocery stores. They don’t even have the Halloween candy out yet. (Now, that’s weird). I guess it’s also because my birthday’s coming up. And, because of the date – I can’t even be that excited anymore. I mean, because I was born on 9/11 and then five years ago everything happened, suddenly I can’t be pleased it’s my birthday. Don’t get me wrong. I feel all the same things everyone else feels on that day. I feel shock that it happened, sad at the senseless loss of life… but I want to have just a little bit of happy for my birthday. It’s selfish, I know, but there it is. So, I’m sitting here, waiting for something to happen. But, I’m going to try to be a bit more specific because “something” might mean something bad and I don’t want that.

More later,
Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home